Calcasieu Parish seeks to hire an Operations Manager to the Sales Tax Department. Applications may be accepted from the Calcasieu Parish School Board job listing here. The job qualifications and responsibilities are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Possess high level of competence in communications (oral and written) and human relations.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic data processing systems.
- Successful experience in tax operation.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as deemed appropriate.
- Manages and supervises the Operations division and CPPJ Intern.
- Prepare reports as required by the Director and/or the Board.
- Responsible for maintaining and approving cash receipts.
- Supervise the deposit process and release funds daily.
- Responsible for coordinating all electronic data processing enhancement and changes.
- Responsible for departmental newsletter.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of Sales Tax banking accounts.
- Responsible for all banking changes, problems and concerns relative to collections/deposits with both the banks and jurisdictions.
- Respond to inquiries from taxpayers and/or other concerned agencies.
- Review and approve various refund requests from taxpayers.