Lafayette Parish

Last Updated on

Effective 10/1/2018:**The rate table below includes Town of Duson rate changes effective October 1, 2018.**

Jurisdiction Name Col School
Board
Parish
Council
Law Enforcement City
Town
Economic
Development District
Combined
Local Rate
State Rate Total Rate
Lafayette (excluding EDD) 1 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%
EDD-Broussard Ambassador Caffery Ext. Subdistrict No. 1 2 2.00% 2.50% 1.00% 5.5% 4.45% 9.95%
Lafayette Including 1-10 @ MM 103-EDD 3 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Broussard inside Lafayette Parish 4 2.00% 2.50% 4.50% 4.45% 8.95%
Broussard inside St Martin Parish (3) 5 2.50% 6.00% (3) 4.45% 10.45%
Carencro outside I-49 EDD 6 2.00% 3.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Carencro inside I-49 EDD 7 2.00% 3.00% 1.00% 6.00% 4.45% 10.45%
Duson inside Lafayette Parish 8 2.00% 3.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Duson inside Acadia Parish (2) 9 3.00% 6.25% (2) 4.45% 10.70%
Scott outside EDDs 10 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%
Scott inside Apollo EDD 11 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Scott inside Destination Pt EDD 12 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Youngsville 13 2.00% 3.50% 5.50% 4.45% 9.95%
Balance of Parish 14 2.00% 1.00% 1.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%

Effective 10/1/2018:**The rate table below includes the Louisiana State Rate decrease effective July 1, 2018.**

Jurisdiction Name Col School
Board
Parish
Council
Law Enforcement City
Town
Economic
Development District
Combined
Local Rate
State Rate Total Rate
Lafayette (excluding EDD) 1 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%
EDD-Broussard Ambassador Caffery Ext. Subdistrict No. 1 2 2.00% 2.50% 1.00% 5.5% 4.45% 9.95%
Lafayette Including 1-10 @ MM 103-EDD 3 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Broussard inside Lafayette Parish 4 2.00% 2.50% 4.50% 4.45% 8.95%
Broussard inside St Martin Parish (3) 5 2.50% 6.00% (3) 4.45% 10.45%
Carencro outside I-49 EDD 6 2.00% 3.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Carencro inside I-49 EDD 7 2.00% 3.00% 1.00% 6.00% 4.45% 10.45%
Duson inside Lafayette Parish 8 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%
Duson inside Acadia Parish (2) 9 2.00% 5.25% (2) 4.45% 9.70%
Scott outside EDDs 10 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%
Scott inside Apollo EDD 11 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Scott inside Destination Pt EDD 12 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 4.45% 9.45%
Youngsville 13 2.00% 3.50% 5.50% 4.45% 9.95%
Balance of Parish 14 2.00% 1.00% 1.00% 4.00% 4.45% 8.45%

Effective 4/1/2017:

Jurisdiction Name Col School
Board
Parish
Council
Law Enforcement City
Town
Economic
Development District
Combined
Local Rate
State Rate Total Rate
Lafayette (excluding EDD) 1 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
1% 1-10 @ MM 101-EDD DISCONTINUED
Lafayette Including 1-10 @ MM 103-EDD 3 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Broussard inside Lafayette Parish 4 2.00% 2.50% 4.50% 5.00% 9.50%
Broussard inside St Martin Parish (3) 5 2.50% 6.00% (3) 5.00% 11.00%
Carencro outside I-49 EDD 6 2.00% 3.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Carencro inside I-49 EDD 7 2.00% 3.00% 1.00% 6.00% 5.00% 11.00%
Duson inside Lafayette Parish 8 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
Duson inside Acadia Parish (2) 9 2.00% 5.25% (2) 5.00% 10.25%
Scott outside EDDs 10 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
Scott inside Apollo EDD 11 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Scott inside Destination Pt EDD 12 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Youngsville 13 2.00% 3.50% 5.50% 5.00% 10.50%
Balance of Parish 14 2.00% 1.00% 1.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%

(2) Of the 5.25% combined local rate due and to be collected, 2.00% is due and must be remitted to Lafayette Parish. The remaining 3.25% local sales tax is due and must be remitted to Acadia Parish.

(3) Of the 6.00% combined local rate due and to be collected, 2.50% is due and must be remitted to Lafayette Parish. The remaining 3.50% local sales tax is due and must be remitted to St. Martin Parish.

Effective 4/1/2016 through 3/31/2017:
**The rate table below includes the Louisiana State Rate increase effective April 1, 2016.**

Jurisdiction Name Col School
Board
Parish
Council
Law Enforcement City
Town
Economic
Development District
Combined
Local Rate
State Rate Total Rate
Lafayette (excluding EDD) 1 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
1% 1-10 @ MM 101-EDD DISCONTINUED
Lafayette Including 1-10 @ MM 103-EDD 3 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Broussard inside Lafayette Parish 4 2.00% 2.50% 4.50% 5.00% 9.50%
Broussard inside St Martin Parish (3) 5 2.50% 6.00% (3) 5.00% 11.00%
Carencro outside I-49 EDD 6 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
Carencro inside I-49 EDD 7 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Duson inside Lafayette Parish 8 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
Duson inside Acadia Parish (2) 9 2.00% 5.25% (2) 5.00% 10.25%
Scott outside EDDs 10 2.00% 2.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%
Scott inside Apollo EDD 11 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Scott inside Destination Pt EDD 12 2.00% 2.00% 1.00% 5.00% 5.00% 10.00%
Youngsville 13 2.00% 3.50% 5.50% 5.00% 10.50%
Balance of Parish 14 2.00% 1.00% 1.00% 4.00% 5.00% 9.00%

(2) Of the 5.25% combined local rate due and to be collected, 2.00% is due and must be remitted to Lafayette Parish. The remaining 3.25% local sales tax is due and must be remitted to Acadia Parish.

(3) Of the 6.00% combined local rate due and to be collected, 2.50% is due and must be remitted to Lafayette Parish. The remaining 3.50% local sales tax is due and must be remitted to St. Martin Parish.

 

Contact Information

 
Physical Address:
PO Box 3883 Lafayette, La. 70502-3883
207 Town Center Parkway STE 101, Lafayette La 70506  

Mailing Address:
PO Box 3883
Lafayette, La. 70502-3883 

Phone: (337) 521-7353
Email: Stacey Ashy, Sales Tax Director
Website: Lafayette Parish School System

Office Hours & Holidays

 
Normal Business Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm  

Holidays:
New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday (Easter), Mardi Gras (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (Dec 22-Jan 1)

Notices

Sales Tax Rate Increases: Effective 10/1/2018

Duson inside Lafayette Parish Column 8: School Board 2%; City/Town 3%; Combined Local Rate 5%; State Rate 4.45%; Total Rate 9.45%
Duson inside Acadia Parish (2); Column 9: City/Town 3%; Combined Local Rate 6.25% (2); State Rate 4.45%; Total Rate 10.70%

Sales Tax Rate Increases: Effective 4/1/2017

View the notice here


Sales/Use Tax, Exemption and Vendor’s Compensation Rates Changes: Effective 12/1/2015

View the notice here


Vendors Compensation Changes: Effective 4/1/2015

Vendors Compensation Rate for multiple columns have increased. See the table below for more information.

Column Old Rate New Rate
3 0.800% 0.830%
4 0.440% 0.550%
6 N/A 0.200%
7 0.220% 0.350%
10 N/A 0.200%
11 0.200% 0.330%
12 0.200% 0.330%
13 N/A 0.150%

Sales Tax Rate Increase: Effective 4/1/2015

Voters in Lafayette Parish have approved and the Lafayette City-Parish Council has adopted an ordinance providing for the levy within the Parish of Lafayette a one percent (1%) sales and use tax upon the sale at retail, the use, the lease or rental, the consumption, and the storage for use or consumption, of tangible personal property and on sales of services in the Parish of Lafayette, all as defined by law. The tax shall not be collected on food and prescription drug items exempted from state sales and use taxes under RS 47:305D(4).

This additional tax will be effective beginning on April 1, 2015 and will end on November 30, 2015.

Links

  • Lafayette Parish School System
  • Find an Address Within Lafayette Parish
    (Note: This link only verifies if the address is located within the parish or city limits. It does not indicate TIF zones, EDD districts, St. Martin addresses annexed into the city of Broussard, or Acadia Parish addresses indexed into the Town of Duscon. These addresses must be individually verified using the address documents in the Forms section below.

Forms

 

Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 1/1/2020)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 10/1/2018)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 4/1/2018)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 4/1/2017)
Sales and Use Tax Report Instructions (Effective 4/1/2017)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 1/1/2017)
Sales and Use Tax Report Instructions (Effective 1/1/2017) – Contact the Parish
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 12/1/2015)
Sales and Use Tax Report Instructions (Effective 12/1/2015)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 4/1/2015 through 11/30/2015)
Sales and Use Tax Report Instructions (Effective 4/1/2015 through 11/30/2015)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 6/1/2013 through 3/31/2015)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 4/1/2012 through 5/31/2013)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 10/1/2011 through 3/31/2012)
Sales and Use Tax Report (Effective 7/1/2011 through 9/30/2011)
Hotel – Motel Tax Report (Updated 8/22/2017)
Local Rate Chart with Food and Drug Exemption rates
For​ the following special jurisdictions please contact our office at 337.521.7353.  
St. Martin Parish addresses to identify those street addresses annexed into the City of Broussard  
Acadia Parish addresses to identify those street addresses annexed into the Town of Duson  
Scott – Destination Pointe domicile addresses to identify those street addresses within the economic development district  
Scott – Apollo domicile addresses to identify those street addresses within the economic development district  
Lafayette I-10 @ mile Marker 103 addresses to identify those street addresses within the economic development district  
City of Carencro I-49 addresses to identify those street addresses within the economic development district  

Parish Sales & Use Tax Ordinances

 
Please contact the parish for a copy of the sales & use tax ordinances.
 

Parish Optional Exemptions

Please contact the parish for additional information regarding optional exemptions.  

Local Rate Chart with Food and Drug Exemption rates

 

Audit Information

 
Contract Audit Firm Name First Year Contracted
Acadian Professional Services    2005
Broussard Partners & Associates 1985
Gary W. Lambert 1980
 
 
Skip to content